About the Club:
The club was founded in 2009 by Krista DiStasi, Director and Head Coach. The club consists of 30 members with ages ranging between 4 and 16. Superstars is the home of Provincial and National Baton Twirling Champions and world level athletes.
All athletes of the club participate in the local Christmas parades (Fergus and Arthur), special events/performances, school talent shows and also attend several competitions during the season.
The members attend weekly lessons to learn and develop their skills.
This sport is composed of numerous athletic skills all rolled into one activity. Twirlers require the stamina of a long distance runner, the hand eye coordination of a baseball player, the grace of a ballet dancer, the flexibility of a gymnast and the determination and dedication necessary to be successful in any sport.
To provide a positive and safe environment where youths can develop a positive self-image through physical activity while developing their skills both individually and as a team member, aspiring to become a talented athlete.
- ages 4+
- athletes are in teams according to age and skill
- recreational and competitive lessons
Wednesday night team lessons - Arthur Public School
Thursday night team lessons - John Black Public School in Fergus
NOTE: times will depend on registration and athlete's twirling level
RECREATIONAL TEAM (Twinkle Stars, Rising Stars, Shooting Stars)
Team Lessons: 1 lesson per week, 1 hour in duration
- Introducing beginner baton skills, basic dance movement and developing the basic skills and techniques of baton twirling
- Class/Team size depends on registration and skill level
- Athletes will be taught a routine that will highlight their skills and dancing ability
- Athletes in this program will participate in all club activities from socials, theme nights, fundraising, club performances, two Christmas parades, year end showcase, and 2-3 recreational competitions.
- Costumes are included in program fee
- SBC dress code to be followed while at lessons and while attending SBC events etc
Program: End of September – End of May
**Each class will consist of 15 minutes of stretching and strengthening and 45 minutes of baton time.
During the class, the athletes will be taught a routine that will highlight their skills and dancing ability.
These routines will be shown at three competitions and at the Year End Showcase.
COMPETITIVE TEAM (Shining Stars)
Team lessons: minimum 1 night per week, minimum 1 hour in duration
- Prerequisite of at least one year as a SBC Recreational Team member or at the discretion of the Director/Head Coach
- Participation in Competitive Teams is at the discretion and approval of the Director/Head Coach
- The athletes will be trained at a provincial and national level standard therefore the training will be more intense then the recreational team training
- Athletes in this program will participate in all club activities from socials, theme nights, fundraising, club performances, two Christmas parades, year end showcase, and 8-10 competitions per season
- Additional practices may be required during the week and/or on weekends
- Requires commitment, dedication and agreement to the competitive code of conduct and contract.
- The coach and/or Director reserves the right to withdraw the athlete(s) from any event if criteria for said event are not met or SBC code of conduct and contract provisions are not being met.
- Some additional expenses may be incurred in this category. Those expenses may include travel expenses across Ontario and into the states.
- Requires a CNBTA membership which is to be paid at time of registration
- Competitive Handbook will be provided to each athlete in this program at the mandatory competitive meeting.
NOTE: Due to the increase level of training and the additional expenses incurred by the club for competition fees etc, registration fee for this program is increased
Program: End of September – July